MEDICAL & VISION test car
Photo date Jan 1983 by Rob O'Regan
This car was converted from the dining car "Wimmera" (built new 1908) in 1938. It was equipped with all the items neccesary to conduct medical exams on railway employees at locations outside Melbourne.
At Spencer St. Oct. 16 1978
Photo courtesy Geoff Winkler
The car would often be put into a dock platform if the station still had one, here we see it in the dock platform at Dimboola
on Aug 6 1969. Photo courtesy Robert Wilson.
Article below is from December 1938 VR newsletter.