Tram 33 is seen at the Brighton Beach terminus of the 5' 3" gauge VR ELECTRIC Street Railway that ran from St Kilda station and was opened in 1906. On Jan. 1 1957 the line was cut back to Middle Brighton crossover. The last section of this street railway, Middle Brighton to Elwood depot, closed June 1957. The brick parapet seen to the right of the tram locates the end of a short tunnel section of rail line that ran from Brighton Beach "luggage room" (goods shed) along the pier seen on the right.
Photo circa 1930's