The station building with a combined ASM's residence at Buangor was burnt down on 1 April 1925. First up it was decided to erect a concrete DR but that idea, in 1927, was dropped and the station building from Pittong was carted by road and re-erected at Buangor, but without a verandah, and a new building erected for the signal bay. The building in the photo came into use on 7 Feb 1929, with the new signal bay in use on 21 August 1929.
The 8.30am Spencer St to Horsham pass. departs Buangor. 1975.
Photo courtesy Trevor Penn
A VR photo taken for the annual VR garden competition. April 1965. Photo looking towards Ararat.
ABOVE & BELOW: Buangor in 1988 looking towards Ballarat.
Post 2, down home arrivals, 1981.
Post 3, up home departures, 1981.
From The Argus: April 2 1925